Thursday 20 December 2007

Film Review - Hitman

Sometimes I'm not too discerning about the films I go to see. I've seen some really bad ones, where I didn't just want my money back - I wanted my two hours back. I had a feeling that a film based on a computer game (worse - a computer game I've never played) would score pretty low, and after I spent forty five minutes watching adverts (at minimum wage I should get paid £4.14 for their use of my eyeballs) I was beginning to forebode.

Actually it was okay. There have been some really good films about hitmen e.g. Day of the Jackal, Leon, etcetera. This wasn't as good as those but it was watchable. Enough action to keep one's mind off the holes in the plot. Some funny moments.

There are better films, certainly, but the are a lot worse. I give this film five black brief-cases out of a possible ten.